You told us - in no uncertain terms - you wanted more of our eco-friendly items and more products made in Canada. So we listened. We've spent the last few months working behind the scenes on launching a new and improved Lavish & Lime and today's the big day.
So, what makes us all shiny and new you ask? Let us count the ways...
- All our new products are eco-friendly. Whereas previously we had one category specifically for green items, now all items stocked will be good for the planet. Each product has successfully passed through one or more of our three filters: eco-friendly, natural/non-toxic and made in Canada.
- Each product page features a 'three tick' identification tag (eco-friendly, natural/non-toxic, made in Canda) so you can see at a glance how the item fits into our product mix.
- We've put together a panel of people we consider experts - from journalists, to teachers to Moms of one, two and three kids - to check out our products. You don't just have to take our word for it anymore, you can shop with confidence knowing others agree these are great products.
- We're now offering a 'name your price' option at purchase. PriceWhispers is new bidding technology that let's you specify the price you'd like to pay for an item and an expiration date for your commitment to this price. We'll notify you if your bid is successful. It's about interactivity and price-sensitivity. You'll see it on our product pages under the 'add to cart' button - go on, try it!
- We're trying to make as much product information as possible available directly on the product pages so you don't have to search it out, including any relevant testimonials, media comments and opinions from our panel.
- We've revised our system so that we can now process orders from the USA online. A big welcome to all our neighbours to the south!
Now for the giveaways! (Wouldn't want you to leave empty handed.)
Our Earth Day special: gift with purchase. You'll receive an18-piece bamboo puzzle free with any purchase at Lavish & Lime. While supplies last. No minimum order size.
We've also teamed up with our friends Spud! and Naturebag so you can win big in our Great Eco-Giveaway. Plus, we're working with some of our favourite bloggers to offer you the chance to win some great eco-friendly goodies. Click on the links below and follow the instructions to enter.
- Win more than $200 worth of green goodies, including a $50 gift certificate from online grocer Spud!, a Naturebag activity kit, a reusable water bottle, shopping bag, sandwich wrap and more. Just answer three quick questions and you're in with a chance of winning. Enter now at Lavish & Lime. Contest closes May 1, 2009.
- Win a reusable sandwich wrap at True Cuddles. Contest closes April 30, 2009.
- Win a bundle of eco-friendly stationery products, including a sugarcane notebook, newspaper pencils and plantable seeded note cards at a peek inside the fishbowl. Contest closes April 25, 2009.
- Win a reusable sandwich wrap at Glimpse. Contest closes April 27, 2009.
- Win a bamboo-lined cotton rain hat at 5 Minutes for Moms Giveaways. Contest closes May 1, 2009.
- Win a benny the tiger munchler insulated lunch bag at North West Mom Finds. Contest closes May 3, 2009.
- Win a $25 Lavish & Lime gift certificate at My Moms View. Contest closes May 4, 2009.