She taught our daughter to read and so much more. We'll be forever grateful to our Grade One teacher this year and so will our daughter, although she doesn't realize it just yet.
You say thanks to your kids' teachers, but we all know there's definite truth to the old adage 'actions speak louder than words'. Here are five good teacher gifts to show your appreciation for the work they did all year long.
1. Inspire Charm Necklace - a sterling silver keepsake necklace that sums it all up with three lovely charms: a rectangular charm engraved with 'inspire', a circular cutout of an apple and for a bit of bling, a clear swarovski crystal rondelle. LOVE the apple.
2. Slingsax Hands-Free Shoulder Shopper - give her - or him- something to be used like this handy messenger-style shopping bag with adjustable ties that rolls down to the size of a piece of large sushi for easy transport in a purse, pocket or glove compartment.
3. Glass Water Bottle - help make spending all day in the classroom a little bit easier with this 22 ounce funky water bottle that's made of non-leaching, tasteless, virtually unbreakable glass. The protective silicone cover comes in six different colours.
4. Garden-in-a-Bag - give the gift of life, plant life that can be enjoyed all summer and beyond. Your child can decorate and personalize with a message the outside of this leakproof bag that contains everything needed to grow pretty violas.
5. Collapsible Shopping Eco Basket - a tried and true favourite that is appreciated all year long whether for shopping, gardening, picnicking or carrying pretty much anything else. Our preschool teacher still brings hers to school every day with her lunch, papers, keys, etc.
For these and other good teacher appreciation gifts, visit online eco boutique Lavish & Lime - packed with hundreds of everday essentials and gifts with an eco twist. If you have any thoughts or comments about the perfect teacher gift, please leave a comment below. We'd love to hear from you!