Post by Louise
The Lion King comes to life in the epic true story African Cats set against the backdrop of one of the wildest places on Earth. Narrated by Oscar®-nominated actor Samuel L. Jackson, the story features Mara, an endearing lion cub who strives to grow up with her mother’s strength, spirit and wisdom; Sita, a fearless cheetah and single mother of five mischievous newborns; and Fang, a proud leader of the pride who must defend his family from a rival lion and his sons. An awe-inspiring adventure blending family bonds with the power and cunning of the wild, African Cats leaps into theatres on Earth Day, April 22, 2011.
Enter to win our Advance Ticket Giveaway and you may not have to wait until Earth Day to see this stunning film! We're giving away family passes (four tickets) to advance screening events on Monday, April 18th at 7pm to two lucky winners in each of the following cities: Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
To help raise awareness about the importance of wildlife to our Earth, in conjunction with the African Cats giveaway, we're launching our new Recycled Newspaper Wildlife Pencil 2-Packs from O'Bon. Simply tell us which O'Bon Wildlife Pencil 2-Pack you like best and why. There are four different vivid, realistic animal designs to choose from. View them here.
Leave a comment below telling us which is your favourite animal pencil pack and why. ***Please also let us know which city you'd like to enter for and be sure to include your email address so we can get in touch if you win.***
Deadline for entries is midnight PST, Thursday, April 14th. Winners will be notified Friday, April 15th.
- Become a Lavish & Lime Facebook fan and tell us you did.
- Follow Lavish & Lime on Twitter and tell us.
- Sign up for our Lavish & Lime e-newsletter and tell us.
- 'Like' our Recycled Newspaper Wildlife Pencil 2-Packs on the product page and tell us.
If you still need convincing, (after the trailer, we're pretty sure you won't) consider this:
- African Cats is the third Earth Day release for Disneynature
- Earth, the first film, garnered a record-breaking opening weekend for a nature documentary
- Oceans opened last year for Earth Day 2010 and was the #1 film that day. It is the third highest grossing feature-length nature film in history.
African Cats Advance Screening Ticket Giveaway (the fine print):
- Giveaway closes 11:59 pm PST Thursday, April 14, 2011, the contest closing date. No purchase necessary. More than one entry per person can be counted with bonus entries, but winners will be limited to one prize (family pass of four tickets) per person. To enter, tell us which of our Recycled Newspaper Wildlife Pencil Twin Packs you like best and why. Leave a comment here on this blog post or on our Facebook wall to enter.
- For bonus entries, become a Lavish & Lime facebook fan, twitter follower or subscribe to the Lavish & Lime e-newsletter. You can also like the wildlife pencil twin pack product page.
- Winners of the 12 family passes to African Cats provided by Disneynature will be chosen by a random draw by a representative of Lavish & Lime (the Contest Sponsor) at approximately 9am on April 15th. Selected entrants will be notified on April 15th by email as set out on their entry comment or via Facebook if their entry appears on our wall. As the screenings take place on April 18th and time is of the essence, if a selected entrant cannot be reached within 24 hours or declines the prize, another entrant will be selected.
- This contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. It is not redeemable for cash and is non-refundable.
- Contest Sponsor is not responsible for cancellation of any of the associated screening events.