How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... Valentine's Day may be just around the corner but there's still plenty of time to count the ways you love your Valentine. Here are five green Valentine's gift ideas to show your love - for your Valentine, and the planet too.
1. Give a great big bear hug with this Valentine's e-card from the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). A $10 donation to the NRDC will help them fight in court to save the polar bear from global warming, Arctic oil development and trophy hunting in honor of your loved one. A personalized e-card will be sent to your loved one.
2. From board to boardroom, he'll be stylin' at work with these eco-friendly skateboard cufflinks in hip and happening Valentine's pink.
3. Jewelry always hits Cupid's mark this time of year. With so many options available from colourful natural felt necklaces (pictured above) to recycled paper bracelets and silver necklaces even vinyl record cuffs, the question quickly becomes, why wouldn't you choose eco-friendly jewelry?
4. Set the Valentine's mood with a glass of organic wine. For top organic wine picks from one of Canada's leading wine writers, Anthony Gismondi, click here. Alternatively, take the edge off alcohol-free with the latest in locally produced organic soda -- Kombucha. Our fave is Blackberry.
5. Pucker up for that Valentine's kiss au naturale without the nasty chemicals. If there's one makeup item to be chemical free, we vote for lip colour. Not only does it absorb into your system like all the rest but through drinking, eating and yes, kissing -- it's also inevitably ingested. For a hint of luscious, moisturizing colour try Wine Country Organics Tinted Lip Balm and to pump up your pucker Vapour Organic Elixir Plumping Lip Gloss.