For those of you living in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco or Los Angeles, we've got a solution: Spud!
Spud is an online organic home grocer delivering fresh, local and organic produce and groceries to your home. They feature weekly specials, discounts by the case and multiply offers. Total convenience - and a great healthy start to the school year.
We really like what Spud is all about, not just because they're yummy but also because they:
- protect the environment by buying local, organic, minimally packaged and eco-friendly products
- build community by creating direct connections between our food suppliers and customers;
- reduce the impacts of climate change by delivering groceries to each neighbourhood on a set route once a week;
- educate our customers about important food issues through our weekly newsletter;
- give back by supporting local charities and donating leftover food to food outreach groups.
Do you have any thoughts or opinions about eating organic, online grocers or Spud? We'd love to hear from you - leave a comment below!
Visit Lavish & Lime for a great selection of eco-friendly back to school ideas like reusable sandwich and snack wraps, stainless steel food containers and PVC-free lunch bags.