Getting back to glass has its benefits - especially for food storage. With growing awareness about toxins and toxic materials, more and more of us are looking for healthier, more environmentally friendly alternatives to plastic food containers, etc. for food storage, reheating and serving.
Here are ten top reasons you should store your food in a glass container.
1. There is no leaching of toxic chemicals into the food kept in glass storage containers. Glass is BPA-free, PVC-free and Phthalates-free.
2. Glass is earth-friendly - it's 100% recyclable.
3. There is no staining with glass storage jars as there can be with plastic.
4. Glass is transparent so you can keep an eye on the status of the leftovers in your fridge.
5. Glass is easy to clean - just pop your used glass container in the dishwasher.
6. You can put your glass storage containers in the freezer, in the oven and in the microwave (just be wary of any plastic lids).
7. Glass looks good and can go direct from fridge to table. There's no problem with serving food in glass containers thereby in many cases, eliminating the need for separate serving dishes.
8. Glass food storage containers are now available with colourful and secure BPA-free lids.
9. There is no after taste with glass as there can be for some people with sensitivities to stainless steel containers.
10. Treated with care, glass is durable and can last a long, long time.
For a contemporary multi-coloured set of glass food storage containers with lids, visit eco boutique Lavish & Lime. If you have any questions or thoughts about glass containers or storing food in general, please leave a comment below. We'd love to hear from you!