In honour of Canada Day tomorrow, we thought we'd share our top picks for the best Canadian-made products we've found so far. We're a proudly Canadian company and get really excited when we find a product made in Canada that's also eco-friendly or natural/non-toxic!
Post by Louise
Here are our picks for the Top 5 Best Made in Canada Products for Canada Day 2011.
1. Banana Guard - invented by three St. Paul's Hospital doctors here in Vancouver and manufactured just outside the city, this innovative BPA-free reusable food container eliminates 'banana trauma' and truly does fit over 90% of bananas. Did you know bananas are flexible? We didn't until we came across the Banana Guard.
2. Skateboard Cufflinks - also created here in Vancouver, these unique - and colourful cufflinks - are made from recycled skateboards.
3. Heiko Natural Sunscreen - so many sunscreens on the shelves, how many are actually manufactured here in Canada? We've found Heiko Kids and it doesn't contain all the nasty chemicals conventional sunscreens do.
4. Snack Flap Duo - yes, it's an idea we came up with ourselves purely as a result of talking with customers and we have it manufactured in a small town right here in beautiful British Columbia. Ideal for snacks on the go, the Snack Flap Duo is a soft, non-toxic snack bag that keeps two different snacks separate.
5. Reusable Produce Bags - these gorgeous mesh bags are the next step on in reducing the plastics we use. Don't forget your reusable shopping bags - or your produce bags too! Ideal for shopping your local farmers' market this summer.
Congratulations to all the creators and manufacturers of these great Canadian products. Happy Canada Day to you all!
For more greener living ideas, visit eco boutique Lavish & Lime. If you have any thoughts or ideas about products made in Canada, please leave a comment below.